BOC: Metallica's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Apr 7 10:22:46 EDT 2009

Somehow this escaped my notice until now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5kwhNo9sf4&feature=related

There are a few other video versions of this performance, with
variously dodgy hand-held phone-camera work :) or the ever annoying I-
stuck-this-audio-on-YouTube-with-naught-but-a-static-logo-as-
a-"video" thing.

The performance is not not as menacing as the BOC original, IMO, but
it's a solid effort -- and it's nice to see Metallica doing another
shout-out for BOC.

Cheers,
Carl, who once he figures out the proper piano lines for Astronomy
will record a pompously overblown goth-metal cover version :)

ps - while looking at that, I also found a cover by the Finnish band
Tarot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68ykMB_k-Q&feature=related

--
Carl Edlund Anderson