BOC: Metallica's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 8 13:07:53 EDT 2009

On 07 Apr 2009, at 09:22 , Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> Carl, who once he figures out the proper piano lines for Astronomy
> will record a pompously overblown goth-metal cover version :)

Actually, I've found this bizarre idea so enticing that I've started
sketching out an arrangement in GarageBand. :) It's heavily built on
the Imaginos arrangement (easier to metalify, IMO, Metallica's cover
not withstanding), but with bits of the Secret Treaties version
tucked here and there.  I forge ahead despite having to kind of fudge
the piano lines as best I can -- and having to program them all with
the mouse, not having an actual keyboard on hand!  Have to see how it
turns out (assuming I bludgeon it into some kind of listenable
state :) ....

Cheers,
Carl

--