Kiss My Axe (While I Drink My Beer)

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 10 10:28:19 EDT 2009

This is a legal MP3 download, courtesy of the folks at Warhammer Online.
http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/war/us/home/audio/The_Hamtouchers-Kiss_My_Axe.mp3

>From their website:
http://www.warhammeronline.com/music/

What happens when you combine hard-rock with the madness and fury of
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning? We found out when Eric Bloom
(well-known gamer and Level 40 Sorc on Ironfist server!) and Richie
Castellano - WAR fanatics and members of the legendary rock band Blue
Öyster Cult - dropped in to tour Mythic headquarters and then headed
into the recording studio with the Mythic crew to lay down a track
dedicated to the Dwarf Slayer!

The resulting song - "Kiss My Axe (While I Drink My Beer)!" - is
available for the first time here, to celebrate the launch of the
oath-sworn Dwarf Slayer! So slather your Mohawks with pig fat, crank
up your speakers and enjoy!

Kiss My Axe (While I Drink My Beer)!
Music by Eric Bloom, Richie Castellano, Brad Derrick and Josh Drescher
Lyrics by Paul Barnett
Eric Bloom - Vocals
Richie Castellano - Guitars, vocals
Brad Derrick - Drums

Download Song: MP3 (7MB) / WAV (36MB)
Length: 03:33 min

******

So, that's the official description of it.  I have two thoughts on the subject:

1. If I was a rock-n-roller, I would do shit like this at the drop of
a hat - but that's because I have a broad sense of fun, and no
overblown notions of maintaining a dignified public persona.  When I
think of people like that, I might think of Al (hoping Al takes that
comment the right way) :-) but I can't say I would have thought of
Eric Bloom.  No offense intended to Eric either, but he always struck
me as someone who wears his cool like most people wear their shoes -
anytime they leave the house.  I really enjoyed hearing him fronting a
such a goofy mock-epic production.

2. This is way better sounding than it has any right to be.  As a
matter of fact, after the first couple of listens and the initial "Oh
my god, that's silly" reaction, it really started to grow on me, and
I've been listening to it incessantly.  It sounds almost like Eric
fronting Manowar.  God help me - it actually occurred to me that I
like this better than Heaven Forbid (can I get booted off my own list
for saying that?), and I think it's because the Manowar-meets-Spinal
Tap lyrics are more fun than John Shirley's...  ;-)

Give it a listen.  ;-)

Steve