HW: Meads Of Asphodel question

Christian Mumford royalistradio at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 14 21:49:20 EDT 2009

I want to get a good introduction to this band featuring Alan Davey. I have heard their version of "Utopia" on the Godreah HW tribute and ready for a "testing the waters" purchase on this months internet shopping spree (credit card+internet=true love). I think its odd that they did a split CD with Norwegian Mayhem, though. This is what I found on Amazon USA by MoA:

Meads Of Asphodel - The Excommunication of Christ (CD)
Meads Of Asphodel - Exhuming The Grave Of Yeshua (CD)
Meads Of Asphodel - The Mill Hill Sessions (CD)
Meads Of Asphodel - Damascus Steel (CD)
Meads Of Asphodel/Mayhem - Freezing Moon, Carnage / Jihad (CD)

Any pointers? Is Davey on all of these?

Christian

NP: Motorhead "Another Perfect Day"
ObBand: Dead Moon

PS: has anyone heard the "Out of The Blues Into the Pink" CD with Twink & Mouse? Its ok Blues stuff, but the artist Peter Prakownik is the one who does the current Hawkwind art/logo. Also the cover on various 90s PF stuff like "Pleasure Island". Real smooth artist!