HW: Alan Davey interview

Christian Mumford royalistradio at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 15 13:45:52 EDT 2009

I was into some "indie" type stuff like Ned's Atomic Dustbin with all the gaudy computer artwork and such and thought even down to the computer-graphix cover art it was geared at some "rave" type youth fandom. The whole synth sound on that album is real "modern" and as you say the opener kicks ass. I think I had XISOS, which I thought was much more "old hippy gloom" though it didn't bother me as I tasted the likes of Tull and Marillion before the whole "indie" thing ca. 1990. I thought Hawkwind were totally where it was "at". I even thought the figure on the front was Robert Calvert and I didn't know he was dead 2 years earlier! I started reading the booklets to find who was doing what and no Bob....

Christian