HW: Alan Davey interview

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Apr 15 17:15:48 EDT 2009

On 15 Apr 2009, at 12:45, Christian Mumford wrote:
> I think I had XISOS, which I thought was much more "old hippy
> gloom" though it didn't bother me as I tasted the likes of Tull and
> Marillion before the whole "indie" thing ca. 1990.

I was already a raging Tull fan when I got into Hawkwind, though I
never really got into Marillion and the rest of the classic "prog"
scene.  Yeah, there is an "old hippy gloom" vibe to XISOS, though --
I always thought most of what's on it was later improved through the
arrival of Lemmy (and Simon King) making everything faster and louder
and heavier. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--