OFF: "Live Drug" by Sun Dial

Christian Mumford royalistradio at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 17 12:21:13 EDT 2009

> On 17 Apr 2009, at 09:29, Christian Mumford wrote:
> > The live version of "Exploding In Your Mind" is Gary Ramon's finest
> > hour. Can someone HELP? This is what I beleive is "everything" by
> > Sun Dial (or at least what I have left and bought recently), and I
> > can't find the cassette of "Live Drug" either:
> > [...]
> > Maybe someone (Carl?) can help...?
>

> The cassette of _Live Drug_?  I think I have a CD, though I think
> it's also in the States.

The cassette is dubbed from the CD. If you ever return Stateside I need a CDR badly........!!!

> My own Sun Dial collection is sadly incomplete, I fear -- which is a
> crime, since Sun Dial was/is (I'm never sure which ... I think it
> depends on how Gary Ramon is feeling at the moment!) a stupendous
> band.  I have to figure out how to get Zen Garden and Shards of God ....

Their early years (read: Other Way Out) were definetily the creative peak before he went too experimental with electronics or moved too far away from the guitar-psych format. Though Zen For Sale is more like the rockier stuff (very heavy psych, not techno doldrums of Libertine or whatever he was noodling on about there during that, though the follow up Acid Yantra was a welcome return to the early SD sound...)

> > I also need the video of "Fireball" which I saw on MTV 120 Minutes
> > in 1991 which prompted me to buy the "Overspill" single back in a
> > daze of cannabis.
>
> Sun Dial produced a video!? Damn.  I've never seen that!

Yeah, a cool B&W video. And I also saw a video on 120 Minutes (the annoying face of Paul King haunts me still every now and then here at the Barracks) for Ship Of Fools  "L=sD'2" around the same time of that and Ozrics "Sploosh!" was used in a BMW commercial. 1991 was an awesome flash of psychedelia on the "telly".... where the "Crusties" were so smelly. And the Mondays were Happy and the Roses Always Stoney---->

Christian

NP: Witchcraft "s/t"