OFF: Maiden (again!) (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary Pink Dots)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Apr 17 13:26:37 EDT 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 11:59, Christian Mumford wrote:
> Back then I couldn't stomach Iron Maiden at all though but Rush
> were "closer to home". Now I still say The Beast D'Anno is much
> cooler than Dickinson (who I couldn't stand on "Run To the
> Hills").........

I never liked Maiden "back in the day"; I was too cool for all that
Spandex! :)

However, Dickinson's _The Chemical Wedding_ solo album totally blew
me away when someone finally forced me down in order to play it to
me.  It still took me several years after that to kind of warm up to
Maiden, but now I kinda dig them -- though, bizarrely, I tend to like
their recent material more than the "classic" stuff from the 80s
(maybe the Spandex is still bugging me! ;).

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson