OFF: Rush (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary Pink Dots)

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 17 13:55:43 EDT 2009

When I was a science fiction and mythology obsessed 12 year old, I thought there was nothing better in the whole damn world.  My Rush fandom hasn't aged so well though...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Friday, Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm
Subject: OFF: Rush (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary  Pink Dots)
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 17 Apr 2009, at 10:57, Christian Mumford wrote:
 Rush is a band I heard much from friends who listened to them and
 never 'caught onto' way back when. I just a few years ago got their
 early stuff, the remasters real cheap. My faves are the 1st, 2112
 and Moving Pictures. Definetly a cool group.......

My experience is similar. I have a "greatest hits" compilation, and I
definitely appreciate the band's talents -- they have some great
tracks -- but somehow I just never got the fire for them. (And that's
despite Geddy Lee's status as an occasional Rick bass wielder!
Though he's a Fender flag-carrier nowadays, which is much less
interesting.)

Cheers,
Carl

--