Swindells's "Fresh Blood" (was Re: HW: Alan Davey interview)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Apr 17 13:45:56 EDT 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 08:07, Christian Mumford wrote:
> I think Swindells has an aura and sheen of cosmopolitan cool in his
> lyrics, knowing the business and the 'high society' and the
> underworld alike. Like "Low Life Joe" or the one with the lyric
> about "an endless trail of Beer and cigarettes"...... and he even
> innuendo-like brags about being gay in some songs. Damn, I could be
> that cool! But I ain't gay.... YET!

The gay community may well draw a collective sigh of relief at
that .... ;)

Strangely enough, when I think of the subject matter on "Fresh
Blood", the idea of Lemmy as a should-have-been co-conspirator
springs to mind!  Now imagine _that_ band: Huw, Lemmy, and Simon
King, along with Steve Swindells.  I mean, it might well have killed
Huw dead right there in 1980 ;) but just imagine the Lemmy/King
rhythm section powering through "Shot Down in the Night", with Huw
slashing away over it!  It'd be like a strange Motörwind that never
was -- with Swindells's strangely music hall organ vamps stabbing
over it!  Far out ....

Cheers,
Carl

--