OFF: Maiden (again!) (was Re: OFF: A Legendary Pinktroduction to The Legendary Pink Dots)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Apr 17 14:02:40 EDT 2009

On 17 Apr 2009, at 12:51, Christian Mumford wrote:
> the recent Iron Maiden stuff strikes me as the "elder statesmen"
> plundering the prog market years of Dickinson & co.

But I think they do a pretty good job of it as proggy metallic elder
statesmen ... :)  I don't think they'd be very convincing trying to
pass themselves off as punky proto-NWOBHM Peter Pans :) but they are
what the are, and they good at that, I think!

(One of the things that irks me about 2ÖC is that they don't seem to
actually have a reason for being, whatever it might be.  And
Hawkwind's reason for being seems to rest largely on whether Dave
Brock says it has a reason, whatever that reason might be, not that
he'll tell anyone ....)

Cheers,
Carl

--