Swindells's "Fresh Blood" (was Re: HW: Alan Davey interview)

Christian Mumford royalistradio at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 17 14:19:53 EDT 2009

> On 17 Apr 2009, at 08:07, Christian Mumford wrote:
> > I think Swindells has an aura and sheen of cosmopolitan cool in his
> > lyrics, knowing the business and the 'high society' and the
> > underworld alike. Like "Low Life Joe" or the one with the lyric
> > about "an endless trail of Beer and cigarettes"...... and he even
> > innuendo-like brags about being gay in some songs. Damn, I could be
> > that cool! But I ain't gay.... YET!
>

> The gay community may well draw a collective sigh of relief at
> that .... ;)

Well, there is always a certain Turbonegro who would reject my feelings as I age here in the projects of Norway (if I ever would have been friends with them).... I enoy their over the top flirtations with all that shit but could never imagine "taking the step beyond girls". I'd rather just grow into an old man and masturbate forever with all the fantasies of an imaginative loner than commiting gay sex. I have gay friends from art school and one dude just died from AIDS (or at least the MySpace was taken down a year after he told me in an email that he had develooped AIDS). Mike 'n' Adam, Brooklyn NYC. I even had those two work with me on a book (doing pencil art on a chapter and some shit). Adam made it drawing super heroes for DC and Marvel, his boyhood dream. Wish I was that good at pencils I could do muscles and architecture....

> Strangely enough, when I think of the subject matter on "Fresh
> Blood", the idea of Lemmy as a should-have-been co-conspirator
> springs to mind!  Now imagine _that_ band: Huw, Lemmy, and Simon
> King, along with Steve Swindells.  I mean, it might well have killed
> Huw dead right there in 1980 ;) but just imagine the Lemmy/King
> rhythm section powering through "Shot Down in the Night", with Huw
> slashing away over it!  It'd be like a strange Motörwind that never
> was -- with Swindells's strangely music hall organ vamps stabbing
> over it!  Far out ....

Thats totally Bizarre. I think you need to see a shrink or some shit, or lay off the psychedelics. Well actually, i'll chime in with a title - if it's a concept LP about Lemmy it could be called "Tanz Der Lemmy" and be about his totally over-the-top feelings as a guy flirting with Nazism so he could live forever.

Christian