BOC: Supernatural

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 19 08:49:58 EDT 2009

Are any of you guys fans of the show Supernatural?

I just got hooked on it recently, and am working my way through the
DVDs of season 1 (I think they're currently in season 4).  First of
all, the music programmers for the show are obviously classic rock
buffs, and the soundtrack is packed with Joe Walsh, Paul Rogers, Rush,
Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.

BOC has prominently featured in two episodes: one in which I'm afraid
they made somewhat obvious, but nonetheless pretty cool use of Reaper
(starting from the bit guitar break in the middle, no less).  If I
told you the episode was entitled "Reaper", you'd probably get what I
mean about it being a little over-obvious...  ;-)  Another episode
from Season 1, "Hell House" has a very prominent Blue Oyster Cult
theme to it (including using the back cover of the Fire of Unknown
Origin LP as a plot point), and is a lot of fun for a fan.

Steve