BOC: Metallica's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Sun Apr 19 12:31:14 EDT 2009

On 18 Apr 2009, at 11:38 , Steve Swann wrote:
> Man, I hate to go head to head with Carl... ;-) but even though
> Metallica often seems to me like the world's greatest cover band, I
> wouldn't walk across the street to hear that version of Veteran of the
> Psychic Wars.  The twangy acoustic guitars just don't do it for me.
> :-P  (Tarot's version stomped all over it, even given the vocalist's
> difficulty with English pronunciation.)  ;-)

I thought it was a solid _effort_, but not such a good _result_. :)
And you are certainly right that the Tarot version _is_ much better! :)

In fact, I've started to think of Tarot as a great lost NWOBHM band
(albeit from Finland) that I had never heard of until recently, and
so effectively a great undiscovered treasure. :)  And, clearly, their
hearts are in the right place (singing BOC covers!). :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson