HW: California Brainstorm

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 24 20:59:25 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Christian Mumford
<royalistradio at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> So what's this that I should have the Cyclops version, not the Loki
>> version?  Grrr... this copy was bloody expensive, too - did I just
>> screw up?  What's the extra track?
>
> "Images". Does yor Iloki version have a cut out in the spine or a drill through it?? My mint CB on Cyclops originally came in a cool box with the Godwin book........

Yeah, it does have a slice through the spine.  I never even noticed
until you mentioned it.  I'm la little cheesed, considering what I
paid for this, but I'm in it for the music, so enh, whatever...

>> And to Mary - yes, Chris is thanked in the liner notes for his work
>> recording of the show.

Oh and a belated note to Mary: about two lines below that, you're
cited as the contact for the Kadu Flyer.  :)

> The Iloki one is put out by a radio station?

Yeah, it credits "Phil Dirt" and KFJC.

>Its a distant sister release to "Palace Springs"........ on a weird label. I almost like it better than PS.

Me too.  Even though I really like some of the versions on Palace
Springs, the songs seem kind of disconnected from each other; and to
me, it never felt enough like a live concert to me, so as a result I
include songs from it in mixes, but I almost never put on the album to
listen to all the way through.  Whereas this is about my 6th time
through CB since I got it a couple days ago...

Steve

ObCD: California Brainstorm, and I'm listening right now to the Out of
the Shadows/Eons/Night of the Hawks sequence - GOD DAMN I love
listening to Dave play that guitar...