HW: California Brainstorm

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Apr 27 13:36:09 EDT 2009

On 27 Apr 2009, at 09:40, Steve Swann wrote:
> Actually I had never realized how many of the shows I've seen being
> torrented are actually ripped CDs from somewhere in that grey area
> between indie release and outright bootleg...  I'm trying to decide
> how to approach this issue - like download them to sample them and
> buy the best ones on disc?
> (First though, I need to fill out my collection of legit releases
> with all these Atomhenge discs.)

And I think this only helps prove my point: that HW or Atomhenge or
whoever should be nicely remastering piles of archival live
recordings and selling them (at least the more decent ones) as FLAC
downloads a la LivePhish.com, etc.  This sort of thing makes money
for the bands that do it, if only because the overhead is
ridiculously low.

I suppose it would be a pain to work out how to divvy up the
resulting cash, but then only because the principals involved are all
so difficult to deal with ... ;)  Anyway, perhaps someone could bash
them all on the head and get agreement that receiving some money is
better than receiving no money, however much the some money might be. :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson