removing nicks/scratches from CDs

Owen O'Neill owen.01 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 27 19:05:27 EDT 2009

I wonder about "Rain-X"? There's a kind of professional buffing-resurfacing
machine too which I assume lots of used record stores have--- In Boston I
know Looney Toons has got one, but a question of whether someone there knows
how to work it and they're not busy (corner of Mass Ave and Boylston, across
from the Hynes Convention Center stop).  I'm going to see again if I can fix
your fancy headphones with speaker wire and the end of the cord from an old
computer mike. Bonus: Already tore some of the tissue-thin leather and I
dropped the cover of the mute button somewhere so that must be replaced with
broken glass or a strontium-90 button.

Bonus question: why would a microphone have a stereo plug on it and a 3-wire
cord? Do some microphone types have 3 leads?

--