HW: California Brainstorm

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Apr 28 07:03:18 EDT 2009

Mike, thanks for the "Old tale."  After all these years, I wouldn't want to
begin with trying to figure out how income from that album should have been
distributed.  I hope everyone got their fair share.  As previously stated,
when responding to emails, my latest messages are on top, and I don't know
how to have the computer read threads all the way through, and skip the
emails between postings on a thread, so if I missed anything here, I'm not
trying to drop in as a spaceshot, with only part of the information.  It was
great being there for that show.  It was 1 of those nights where everything
felt right.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of M Holmes
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:15 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: California Brainstorm

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> I suppose it would be a pain to work out how to divvy up the
> resulting cash, but then only because the principals involved are all
> so difficult to deal with ... ;)  Anyway, perhaps someone could bash
> them all on the head and get agreement that receiving some money is
> better than receiving no money, however much the some money might be. :)

There's an old tale about that. A leprechaun offers a man a wish for
anything he wants. The caveat is that his worst enemy, a neighbour, will
get twice whatever he gets.

He first thinks of money, but can't stand the thought that his neighbour
would have twice as much. Then he thinks of a house, but the same
problem arises. He worries dfor days and days about it, and can't sleep
because he thinks he'll have to pass on the deal.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.