OFF: Chrysalids

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Apr 28 21:09:19 EDT 2009

FOFP,
Bummer, "The Lost Perception," isn't available through my on-line service,
maybe I can get it on tape.  There aren't even any books by Besta through
this service, sometimes the library has books that aren't available through
Bookshare, and vise versa. My library didn't have Macroscope, however,
Bookshare did.   Thanks for the suggestion.

 Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of M Holmes
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:46 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Chrysalids

Christian Mumford writes:

> Seems like a powerful story. Here is the Wikipedia plot summary:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chrysalids

It is and having read it was one of the delights of my childhood.  For
my English Higher (an exam taken at age 17) I studied the stories of
Verne, Wells and Wyndham (having been inspired by The Chrysalids) rather
than the novels on the curriculum (Tale of Two Cities and similar).

Another great telepath story is "The Lost Perception" By Daniel Galouye.

FoFP

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.