HW: California Brainstorm

Christian Mumford royalistradio at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 28 15:10:01 EDT 2009

The RCA stuff quickly followed in the heels of "Levitation" and I consider the entire Huw era from 1979 (Levitation) up to 1988 (Xenon Codex) one big "era", which includes "Choose Your Masques" the NWOBHM era if you like... Black Sword doesen't strike me as similar to "Levitation" due to the sword & sorcery concept, i find "Xenon Codex" to be its logical "bastard brother" of sorts.... The Calvert era I definiteley enjoy as the more "intellectual" (totally different hue :) and I consider the Sonic Assassins as much linked to the Quark/PXR5/Hawklords era. After all, Calvert's ahem charisma was a huge part of the sound, and then the group nearly broke up after his departure........ and Levitation harkened more back to the days of "Warrior" IMO, though a slickened beast it was.....

Christian