Choosing hotel for 40th anniversary gig

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Wed Apr 29 15:08:36 EDT 2009

Unfortunately my research didn't come to much.   I was looking at this page
http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Attraction/Porchester_Hall/a637/
but (1) the offers weren't as cheap as I thought they were - though still
good for a London hotel.
More importantly (2) cheap offers were only limited to a very few rooms -
after that the prices went up.
That said the Umi hotel still looks a good option price wise and seems to
have an associated club next door - the 1356 bar - but I'm a tad uncertain
as to quality (both of hotel and bar).

Otherwise LateRooms.com
http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv1440420/Hotels.aspx?k=W2%204PR&d=20090828&n=2&rt=1,0#ernhzt
offers a wide choice but the accommodation on offer varies hugely from basic
to exotic and you have to research each one

And Nota Bene Bene (NBB).  The Notting Hill Carnival is taking place 30/31
August 2009 so any and all accommodation will be booked out for that!

Not in Edinburgh this weekend so I post this for discussion  purposes.
jill

Jill Strobridge <jill.strobridge at blueyonder.co.uk>