Choosing hotel for 40th anniversary gig

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 29 15:45:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, Jill Strobridge
<jill.strobridge at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Unfortunately my research didn't come to much.   I was looking at this page
> http://www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Attraction/Porchester_Hall/a637/
> but (1) the offers weren't as cheap as I thought they were - though still
> good for a London hotel.
> More importantly (2) cheap offers were only limited to a very few rooms -
> after that the prices went up.
> That said the Umi hotel still looks a good option price wise and seems to
> have an associated club next door - the 1356 bar - but I'm a tad uncertain
> as to quality (both of hotel and bar).
>
> Otherwise LateRooms.com
> http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv1440420/Hotels.aspx?k=W2%204PR&d=20090828&n=2&rt=1,0#ernhzt
> offers a wide choice but the accommodation on offer varies hugely from basic
> to exotic and you have to research each one
>
> And Nota Bene Bene (NBB).  The Notting Hill Carnival is taking place 30/31
> August 2009 so any and all accommodation will be booked out for that!
>
> Not in Edinburgh this weekend so I post this for discussion  purposes.
> jill

Travelodge is 2.5 miles away, and gets great ratings on Trip Advisor.
I can't figure out whether that's because it's so cheap (L19/night?)
or whether it's actually a nice place.  :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d1061544-r26024175-Travelodge_London_Southwark-London_England.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=porchester+hall+london&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,7940602293732326456&ei=yqv4SfXOKIXkyAWj57m2DA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Steve