THE FURY OF ICU

trev judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 30 16:10:44 EDT 2009

I've had it reviewed (independently)
it seems it's better than I thought.
it's got a "parental advisory" label on it

"Do you want some proper Hawkwind stuff?" asks the very excited
promoter/MC - the enthusiastic crowd naturally yells in the affirmative and
what do they get? A fucking rockin' blasting punkoid set with good quality
sound and a magnificent vibe that'll press the ejection button on your
armchair like James Bond's Aston Martin... this ain't Hawkwind, this is real
high octane stuff - even Nik (so often a little long winded) gets carried
along with the 'short fast and furious'  mindset.  Sids Song - for the late
Mr Vicious (from Maximum Effect) has never sounded better - this is prime
time Inner City Unit at their very very very best, just after the M.E. album
had come out, and they never sounded better.  No matter how much you loved
the studio stuff they were always really a live band and it doesn't get
liver than this - fantastic guitar from the god-like Judge Trev (predating
melodic thrash metal by years), drums like you never heard before from
Dino - Steve Took missed out big time when Nik grabbed these two off him!
Dead Fred completes the line up, so it's a minimum crew giving - literally -
Maximum Effect!  A cursory nod to Rolf Harris (!) from Nik's comb n paper
plus stylophone (on the obligatory Masters Of The Universe) in no way
diminishes the all out rocking that went on this night... Dino on Space
Invaders out-drums Philthy Animal Taylor and the all-biker audience is
simply stunned into submission. No bullshit, this stands as an all time
great live album, along with Kick Out The Jams, Live at Leeds, No Sleep
'til..... the tuinol 'n sulphate crowd of the time can't have know what hit
'em but YOU CAN!  Buy this fantasic record and TURN IT UP!!!!!!!!  Even yer
grandma will wet her knickers and slide off her seat.... in a word -
essential. In three words "The Dogs Bollox" - if you don't rush out and get
this you must be criminally insane.

Tim Rundall   editor   Uncle Harry's City Kids