HW: Hawklords

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Sun Aug 2 11:57:30 EDT 2009

Hello

I just saw on the dimeadozen torrent site a copy of the recent surprise Hawklords show from the Sonic rock Solstice in Wales. It appears that the hawklords-barney bubbles thing will happen on Sunday Nov 29th in London at the 229 Venue.

The Barney Bubbles Memorial Concert will be held at the 229 venue in London's Great Portland Street on 29th November. Confirmed so far - Hawklords featuring the New Bubblettes, Brian James Gang, Inner City Unit Big Band, Imperial Pompadours, and the Pentameters Players performing "The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice" by Robert Calvert."

I am still puzzled by them called this group the Hawklords as there is not a single member of the hawklords in the line up and they don't even play any songs from the Hawklords 25 years on, Over the Top 12" or PXR5, which I would say are the only legit things to really call hawklords material. It is like Klaus Meine (singer in the Scorpions) going out on tour as the Michael Schenker Group and only playing old Scorpions songs..... I don't get it... Why??
This was the setlist and the band:

Sonic Rock Festival - Penmaenau Farm, Builth Wells 2009-6-21

Set List

01 Introduction by Kozmik Ken
02 Born To Go
03 Spirit Of The Age
04 Quark, Strangeness & Charm
05 Children Of The Sun
06 Orgone Accumulator
07 Right Stuff
08 final message from Nik

Band Line-up

Jerry Richards - guitar
Nik Turner - vocals, saxophone, flute
Ron Tree - vocals, percussion
Alan Davey - bass, vocals
Marek - drums (Litmus)
Alf Hardy - audio generators, synth (Earth Lab)
Josh Dreamspirit - theremin

Still I am going to give the show a listen soon..

scott