OFF: UK's premier green awareness festival under threat from police and local council.

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Aug 10 15:16:53 EDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:30 PM, M Holmes wrote:

> Paul Mather writes:
>
>> On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:30 AM, M Holmes wrote:
>>
>>> Mebbe in a millenium or sixty we'll need to watch the thermal budget
>>> of
>>> how we create energy, but not right now. The problem is increased
>>> solar
>>> heat, not the heat we're actually producing.
>>
>> Well, sod the IPCC and its uncountable legions of scientists with
>> their so-called scientific consensus!
>
> Paul:
>
> There ain't no consensus that it's the *heat* we produce that's the
> problem. There is a *contention* that more solar heat is trapped by
> the
> *gases* we produce.

Again, not if you ask the IPCC.  Besides, the sentence, "The problem
is increased solar heat, not the heat we're actually producing"
heavily implies that climate change is attributable to solar variation
and there is consensus in the IPCC against that.  Of course, what you
write in response to my reply appears to state yet another viewpoint,
so it's difficult to know exactly what's being said, so I'll just go
off on one and let that be that. :-)

> Let's all try to read what's written before going off on one?

Let's try and write more precisely in the future, then. ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.