OFF: UK's premier green awareness festival under threat from police and local council.

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 10 17:54:34 EDT 2009

On 8/10/09, Jonathan Jarrett <jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, mike coleman wrote:
>
> and, global "whining" aside, whats so wonderful about people that even one
>> more should be allowed birth much less all the cement replacing green
>> things
>> and wildlife?
>> go into space? wow
>> everybody rushing back and forth but going exactly where??  to do what??
>>

>        I have some sympathy with this point of view on my bad days, but
> nobody is going to give us dictatorial powers to control the planet's birth
> rate; humans are going to carry one thinking they're special and trying to
> achieve immortality by reproduction, and the successful solution for the
> planet is going to have to be one that runs with that, not one that mourns
> how awful we all are. Yours,
>                                         Jon

So it's rather like the extraterrestrial presence problem ...we just rely on
governments to get rid of it then?? (in this case the unwanted quantity
representing the frightening part)
and further, how can a a succesful solution "run with that"??
I'm simply saying that even "awful" has it's place,  just maybe not spread
all over the galaxy -just yet-. at least until everyone on this forum can
explain why the green finned demon is so secretive regarding us, has come
from the oceans in response to nukes, and is possibly even controlling
us.....