OFF: stoner bands of yore back to get us (was: Hawkestra)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Aug 13 11:03:07 EDT 2009

On 12 Aug 2009, at 17:41, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>> On 06 Aug 2009, at 17:32, mike coleman wrote:
>>> so _THIS_ is the fiendish plot of Fu Manchu
>> Are they still going, then? :)
>
> 	Just for reference, it seems so:
> http://www.fu-manchu.com/funews.html
> New album called _Signs of Infinite Power_ due before year end,
> indeed.

Good title, at least. :)

I admit that I was one of those left thinking "hmmm" on California
Crossing, and haven't really followed the band since.  Still, I guess
they've cranked out a steady stream of albums since then, so it may
be worth giving them a listen should they cross my transom.
(Doubtless their MySpace site or something will stream some of the
new and recent tracks, if I look around .....)

> Also, more relevantly, NEW CLUTCH!
> http://www.pro-rock.com/
> [...] the fact that one track title is `50,000 Unstoppable Watts'
> and another `Sleestak Lightning' encourages me.

"50,000 Unstoppable Watts" _is_ a good title.  I'll have to see if I
find a way to give that a listen, too!

Cheers,
Carl

--