OFF: stoner bands of yore back to get us (was: Hawkestra)

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Aug 14 12:06:44 EDT 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: stoner bands of yore back to get us (was: Hawkestra)
:
:On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
:> On 06 Aug 2009, at 17:32, mike coleman wrote:
:>> so _THIS_ is the fiendish plot of Fu Manchu
:>
:> Are they still going, then? :)
:
: 	Just for reference, it seems so:
:http://www.fu-manchu.com/funews.html
:

Sadly, I didn't first think of the band when this popped up, but rather
the series of Sax Rohmer books.

Plus, when Mike mentioned the fiendish plot of Fu Manchu, I immediately
assumed that there were dacoits and kidnapped scientists involved.

I don't know whether to be disappointed when it turns out that we were
talking about the band.

(Well, it could have been possible.  The other conversation running at the
time was over global warming and arguments over science :-) )

Arin
(delayed in reading list due to worldcon last week.)
Arin Komins			       	      akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director - Solutions Architecture
University of Chicago/NSIT/RP&A			tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #409, Chicago, IL 60637	fax: (773)702-0559