Be Seeing You?

Tim Hall tim at KALYR.COM
Thu Aug 20 14:04:20 EDT 2009

M Holmes wrote:
> They've taken the single best ever television series.  They've
> surgically removed the humour and quirkiness.  They've crossed it with
> James Bond, Lost and Twin Peaks, and they've explicated it to death.
>
> There Is No Escape, from bad television:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqQsaK5KpQ

I have such low expectations of US re-imaginings of cult British TV
series that I needn't have bothered watching any of it to realise that
it would, to use the American term, suck.

It's the same thing as Hollywood's pointless remakes of classic films -
why do they bother when the end result is always going to be compared
unfavourably to the original.

--
Tim
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog