Be Seeing You?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Aug 21 08:23:44 EDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 3:27 AM, mike coleman wrote:

> Having just been gifted a nice new big one, and the thrill of
> refusing to
> chase a goverment coupon to get a digital converter so I can watch it
> waning, I'm thinking erasable coloured markers might be the next
> logical
> step......

You've missed the boat my old friend.  The deadline for applying for a
coupon was 31st July. So, unless your powers of forgery are good, it
looks like you've missed out on the $40 bung.

I have to say, I consider the implementation of DTV in the USA not as
good as FreeView in the UK, which I much prefer.  I suppose it's just
a not so subtle way of driving punters towards cable TV or DirectTV.
Still, I did gain an extra PBS channel in the switch-over, so I can't
complain...

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: If your gifted TV truly is new, chances are it already has a DTV
receiver built in to it.  Still, keep the coloured markers handy, just
in case.