40th anniversary Gig

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Sun Aug 30 06:14:23 EDT 2009

Hello All,

It was great to meet up with some of the folks from the list, Bernhard, Arin, chris, keith, andreas, etc... What a day it was. Some grreat stuff and some crap stuff. Oh yeah, they gave everyone a nice clotho bag with a special CD only for this event with Jason on it and some of the material is exclusive to this CD. Also a nice card with full authographs. A raffle ticket that as remake of a fake ticket stub from the first gig. I did nto win anything in the raffle but tey gave away some Motorhead crew shirts, LSD25 compilation cds and original huw lloyd lanngton artwork.

I really hope that this is the last time that Hawkwind will parade poor old Huw Lloyd Langton out to embarsse him. The poor guy is just a sad pathetic shell of what he used to be.

Day started off with Hawkwind with a different name, elves of silsbury hill? And that was pretty cool with dave plaing harmonica and mirror of illusion, green finned demon and some Tim blake tracks, etc.. They played like 45 minjs. Sounds was pretty crap in this hall though and the sound man was only ok. He did not really watch the members so some you never heard if he did not get them into the mix to start with.

Next up was TOSH with spacehead guys belting out born to go and the sound was dreadful. Then huw joined them for masters of the universe and ejection and he was noodling away his own world and you could not heard him hardly at all until the end of the gig. Short and not good set.

Tartantism were excellent and real surprise. A bit like a folky Culture Shock.

The Hawkwind question and answer time was great fun. Richard was inssane with the talking badger. And a bit disruptive as well.  Anyway, the Roadburn DVD will be out in time for the winter tour they said. A new LP will come out next year. They are considering working with a company to provide instant live CDs of their shows. We will see.

Bob Keer and his Woople bnd was just fucking weird and bizzare fun. Bob was dave's neighbor in ladbrocke groove in the 60s and was the one who provided a rehearsal place for an early version of Hawkwind. He would play trumpet during Lighthouse at the real Hawkwind gig.

20;15 Huw starts thing soff with Tim blake and plays and old blues song with Dave on harmonica. Then a strange rocky path. Huw basically can't sing at all anymore and then he gets confused and lost if he does and the song goes all wobbly until he finds himself. He is just way way past his time and it is pretty pathetic they parade him out like this. I know all the old people still love him and I used to but he is just sad now. Dave was suppose to come back out and do Hurry on Sundown with Huw but I guess he was just to embarssed as Huw was just out of it. Tim blake stayed on and played harmonica. Huw wanted to leave but was forced to play a few more. Sad....

The real Hawkwind show was a blinder with some pretty cool jamming in some songs. Tim blake was amazing. Great set of tracks and the only guest were mathew wright for silver mahcine backing vocals, capt rizz on silver machine and hassan I sahba and some guy named Daniel? Who played on one track. Sadly the new guy from Tribe of Cro, his guitar was way too low and e played the lead guitar on Lord of light and It's s Easy bt you could not hardly hear him at all. His space effects were great. Magnu, Farenheith 451 )last encore),

I have trouble with this keyboard so sorry for all the mistakes.. Great 1hr 45 min HW set. Good lights but not as good as Chaos Illumination used to do. Dancers were very cool.

Hawkwind can still deliver a blinding spaced out set..... Great...

It is just sad that no one from the 70s except Tim Blake is involved with the band anymore. Let's hope one day they can all come together in the spirit of the music and put all the bullshit baggae aside and just have a good time and play some psychedelic music in the spirit of 1970.....

I had a great time.

scott

Scott Heller

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee(s) stated above only and may contain confidential information protected by law. You are hereby notified that any unauthorised reading, disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail or use of information contained herein is strictly prohibited and may violate rights to proprietary information. If you are not an intended recipient, please return this e-mail to the sender and delete it immediately hereafter. Thank you.