[Hawkwind] Porchester.

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 31 09:11:50 EDT 2009

I'm bouncing this to BOC-L because Paul stole the words right out of my mouth.

I agree that the opening sequence was brilliant, and that smoothly
segued set of Warrior Poem / A&B / Golden Void / Where Are They Now?
is probably my favorite thing the current live set, and vying to be
one of my favorite things they've *ever* done...

I've never seen Rizz before, and I had a moment of near-Lovecraftian
horror when I realized they were about to have someone do Rap to
Spirit of the Age, but it was absolutely stonking - brought the house
down!

And let me add that the dancers were great.  The costumes and the
choreography were well thought out and added to the show.  I don't
always think that's so with the various sideshow attractions that
Hawkwind brings onstage with them :-) but this time it really worked.

Steve