Hawkwind at Porchester Hall

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Mon Aug 31 10:03:11 EDT 2009

Hello folks

Back again in Germany I will try to do my best to describe in my poor
English
at least the Saturday part of this weekend-event

Me and my good old friend Rainer arrived early Saturday morning in Heathrow.
Catched the next tube to Oxford Street and I managed to buy LIVE 78 / OUT OF
THE SHADOWS and PXR5 at HMV.
The 1st part of the UK visit was a success for me.

Then we moved by tube to the Porchester Hall. We arrived here at about 11.
Noone infront of the Hall
and no chance to go inside.

We decided to wait and about 15 minutes later the 1st fans arrived.

The doors opened about 12:15.
We were given some surprizes and of course bought t-shirts.

Then upstairs into the Hall

Over the next couple of hours the Hall was filled with (for me) many
familiar faces. They were:
At least 2 different Steves, Scott Heller, Jill Strobridge, Mike Holmes,
Martin Wray, Alfred, Justin Redgrave,
Paul Eaton Jones, Graham Glover, Arind + Rich, Adreas + Gaby, Christos,
Nicky, Nick Lee, Paul Taylor
Of course there were many more. Sorry if I have forgotten some of them.

I will not describe all the performances during this evening because there
are folks who can do it better or did it better.

Hawkwind played in fact 2 shows.
A 45 minute gig and then later in the evening a 115 minute gig

As most of the fans have stated here it was a great event with awesome
performances by our favorite band !!!
Here is the track list for the main sets from Fri/Sat

28.08.2009, LONDON, PORCHESTER HALL, 110 mins. (late show)
intro / warriors / assault and battery / golden void / where are they now /
lighthouse / space is deep poem / angels of death / wraith / green machine /

spirit of the age / silver machine / sentinel / poem / magnu / brainbox
pollution /
you'd better believe it / right to decide / hassan i sahba / jam / hassan i
sahba / fahrenheit 451

29.08.2009, LONDON, PORCHESTER HALL, 115 mins. (late show)
intro / warriors / assault and battery / golden void / where are they now /
lighthouse / space is deep poem / angels of death / wraith / green machine /

spirit of the age / silver machine / sentinel / lord of light / poem / magnu
/ brainbox pollution /
you'd better believe it / right to decide / hassan i sahba / jam / hassan i
sahba / fahrenheit 451

Sharp-eyed fans will notice that LORD OF LIGHT was played only on Saturday

The Hawks played a storming and very heavy show. They really had fun.
The complete show was a highlight and not only special songs.

I have absolutely no idea why there are a couple of writers here who
complained !!!

What did they expect ??? All 50 ex-members together on one stage ?????
Why do they have problems with the set / song selection ??
Yes, they played here most of the songs they also played during the sets
early this year.
But this is not a problem because all these songs are excellent.
And some "very special" ones were performed during the early-set.

I have the feeling that some folks still have not recoginzed how lucky they
are to have the opportunity to
see our favorite band at least once a month over a year in their own
country.
Perhaps they are full up and ever expect the impossible.

Other fans have to travel by plane long distances to see them.
And they enjoy every minute of each show.
I still feel the pain in my arse after trying to sleep on the hard floor of
the Heathrow airport ;-)

Thank you Hawkwind for a great event with a great performance.
I am sure that most of the fans feel like me.

Do not listen to the few ones who wants to destroy you and your wonderfull
music.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!

Bernhard