Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 31 11:54:26 EDT 2009

Sure "Burning for You" is a radio hit and I doubt they'd ever drop it or "Reaper." Hardcore people would probably be in your camp but a band like BOC is probably obligated to play hits for those casual audience members who may not know more than what the radio plays.

I'd love to hear "Golden Age of Leather" it's one of my favorite songs from "Spectres" though I think it would be hard to do the Beach Boysesque vocals live.

________________________________
From: The Baron <lindyhopper999 at YAHOO.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:32:14 AM
Subject: Re: Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

Took me awhile to get to reply....

I was horribly disappointed in the show. I've seen them many many times and
they were always top form, tight and professional.
This time the band seemed to be "going through the motions".
This was a rescheduled show from a canceled Dec. gig, so maybe they were
tired or didn't want to be there. Either way. The band didn't seem to be on
the same page.
Weird song selections too.
Golden Age Of Leather?
Shooting Shark?
No Astronomy.
Please, please, please stop with the Burning For You.
Godzilla turned into a huge sing along and then some weird solo noodlings
that had nothing to do with the song.
Sad to see they're a shell of what they used to be.
On a positive note, I took my son, who's 26. He's only familiar with the
radio play stuff.
His favorite song this night was Last Days Of May.
Kid's got good taste.