Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

Theodore O Jackson tjackson at SYR.EDU
Mon Aug 31 11:59:00 EDT 2009

The last straw has to be the practice of giving big
solo spots on bass and drums during Godzilla to two
hired rhythm players.  This in the midst of a set that
usually lasts all of an hour, effectively turning it into
a half-hour show.  Way to take care of your loyal fans, dudes!

tj

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of E F
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:46 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

Sadly, this has been my experience the last few times I saw them, and this
is spaced over at least 6 years.  I no longer make it a point to seem tham
frequently, and instead more for the sake of nostalgia.
Last time I saw them was 2 years ago at a revamped theater in Englewood,
NJ.  Much like you described, and the sound was terrible.  The newest guy
(keyboard/Guitars), sorry but I can't be bothered to look up his name
right now, was doing all the work and seemed to be the only one with any
enthusiasm.
Foghat came on next, and though they were as boring as usual, they had
great sound.

Saw Alice Cooper there last fall and his sound was also great, so it can't
be the venue and then it must be the Oyster Boys.

Terrible shame.

   --Eric