Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Aug 31 12:10:11 EDT 2009

I guess 2ÖC must still be making some money out of playing the county
fairs with the puppet shows, since I can't think of why else they are
doing it.  The last time I saw any incarnation of the band (in London
probably at least 5 years ago!), Alan was still aboard to make it
3ÖC, but other than Buck (and, actually, Alan) still being able to
crank out some cool guitar, it was pretty clear that there was
nothing really going on.  Honestly, Eric's recent "Hamtouchers"
Warhammer song was more fun than most of "Curse of the Hidden Mirror"
-- and what's the likelihood of 2ÖC being able to crank out an album
better than _Harvest Moon_ (which at least had a pretty decent title
track, for all that it was a retread of something Buck wrote in the
80s) or _CotHM_?  Slight, is my lamentable prediction -- in which
case, what's the point?

Though I can understand a band that doesn't produce a lot of new
material but delivers ripping, amazing live performances .... it's
not like 2ÖC seem to be doing that anyway. :/ Maybe they figure that
they are now so low on the radar that they can just run the name into
the ground with no harm done?  I dunno ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson