Litmus - 12.09.09

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Aug 31 15:15:16 EDT 2009

And let me add that I have now heard _Aurora_, and I have been well
impressed!  I mean, I like Litmus and have the earlier albums, but
somehow this new one is particularly capturing my attention.  I
recall "Miles Away" (if I remember right) is a notably excellent
track and, most prominently, "Kings of Infinite Space" is just about
worth the price of admission on its own, with an amazing chilled-but-
majestic vibe that might be most easily compared to HW's "Down
through the Night" or "Space Is Deep". Yet though the Hawkwind
influence is unmistakable through Litmus's works, they definitely
have their own vibe.   bIf people were just out to copy Hawkwind,
they wouldn't sound like Litmus -- and that's a Good Thing. Litmus
are space rock, and they are loud and heavy, and they have clearly
listened to more than a little Hawkwind/Motörhead/Sabbath/Gong/
Whatever, but they are also ever more confidently and successfully
themselves.  :)

I would heartily recommend both album and gig! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson