Off: That's prophetic

Arjan Hulsebos arjanh at DEHULST.NL
Thu Dec 10 08:45:08 EST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:58:27 -0500, Theodore O Jackson wrote
> But then she should be called "Anul", shouldn't she?
>
> Anyways, my boys are called "Kevin Craig" and "Rodney Peete". Not particular
> Dutch names, but that never bothered me or my wife. And the boys
> don't seem to mind it, either.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Peete

Yup, I named my son after him. There's a story to that, of course.

When my wife was pregnant of our oldest, he was quite active in the womb, and
kicked my wife regularly in the stomache. So I named him after Kevin Schwantz,
who was riding his bike so aggressively that he got kicked by his bike many a
time.

When my wife was pregnamt of our youngest, he kicked her even harder, at one
time he almost floored her. At that time, I remembered seeing Rodney Peete
throwing the ball so hard at one of hist teammates that he almost knocked the
wind out of the peer fellow... And Peete sounds very much like the Dutch name
"Piet", so his name doesn't sound too crazy to the Dutch as it would to the
folks in the US.

Gr,

Arjan H