HW 40th Anniversay Show

Colin Allen colinjallen at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Feb 18 03:42:23 EST 2009

I suspect that Arthur Brown should be on the "no" list;).

Many of the December Astoria gigs were also advertised as "specials" with "special guests".

--- On Wed, 18/2/09, SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at HAGEDORN.DK> wrote:
From: SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at HAGEDORN.DK>
Subject: HW 40th Anniversay Show
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Date: Wednesday, 18 February, 2009, 8:08 AM

Hello All,

I have been tossing some mails back and forth with a few about the Portchester
Hall gigs in August and I now, really curious what ex-hawkwind members could
actually show up and play. I wonder if they have announced this without actually
signing anyone on board. If we make a list of the ex-members, besides Huw Lloyd
Langton (who I am not really sure can play electric space rock anymore as he was
a disaster the last two times I saw him), who else is there:

These people will not play with Dave and Co (at least I don't think):

Nik, dave anderson, simon house, alan davey, lemmy, jerry richards, ron tree,
terry ollis, Thomas Crimble, michael moorcock (probably too ill), adrian shaw,
Mick Slattery, Steve Swindells, Harvey Bainbridge, Bridget Wishart, Danny
Thompson..

Maybe:

Crum, dik mik, del dettmar, Stacia, martin Griffiths, alan powell, Paul Rudolph
(haven't heard of him in years...), Ginger Baker, Andy Anderson, Arthur
Brown, Steve Hale, John Harrison

I probably have missed a few but it seems to me that Dave only has a few pretty
obscure Hawkwind members to choose from...

What do people think or predict??

scott

ObCD- Oresund Space Collective- Good Planets are hard to Find (Transubstans
Records)   Our 5th CD!