Time Travel

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 19 17:58:42 EST 2009

Hi Duane,
How stupid of me.  I tried the paper clip thing, as you know, and a bunch of
other things, like restarting the machine.  Figuring there may be a visual
message indicating why the player didn't work I waited for my brother.  He
tilted the tower on edge and banged it a few times, firmly, but not too
hard.  The CD popped right out within seconds.  It would have been a real
bitch if I'd paid to have it looked at and while in the transport which I'd
have to pay for the thing worked.  I tried a lot of things, I even used some
of my favorite curse words, but no luck.

Situation resolved.  Thanks to you, and Jerry for ideas.

Your friend,

Mary
-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List
[mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET]On Behalf Of The Baron
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:59 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: OFF: Re: Time Travel

Hello Mary,

It's easy to extract a CD from a drive that won't open.
Take a paper clip or straight pin and push it into the little hole on the
door of the CD-ROM drive. This will open the latch and the door will pop
open. The PC does not have to be on for this to work either.
I remember Chris Bruce.
Happy to meet you.
I'm sending good vibes your way telepathically.
Duane