Knights of Space review on amazon.com

john-paul hawkwomble at TISCALI.CO.UK
Fri Feb 20 18:31:42 EST 2009

hello all, well i have read all the reviews of kos and am at a loss to
understand them, i must have a different mix to everyone else cos mine is
ok. i watch the dvd on a 50" plasma and the quality is good but not all of
the time, i think some zooming has been done in the mix which can make
things grainy. as for the sound, i have a £100 5.1 set up from argos and it
sounds great. i find i can hear all the different instruments clearly and
when the volume is cranked up the sound is perfectly acceptable. i would say
that it has been mixed in a diffeent way to all other hawkwind stuff ( imho)
there are lots of uses of fade ins and fade outs, instruments being brought
in and out of the mix depending on what the "mixer" is wanting the sound to
be. but i can hear the theremin and dave's guitar ( which he is'nt playing
all the time )i know i am going out on a limb here but i don't have any
problem with it at all. this is never the sound from the video camera's as i
have filmed many  a gig and can never get this sort of sound. given the
choice of playing kos or magna ( which i was at ) kos always wins, maybe its
just a personal thing. having said that slough 93 and solstice 2005 are
better than either of them, john-paul ( windw

izard )
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lost Johnny" <busterpepper at MIDWAYNET.NET>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: Knights of Space review on amazon.com

Mary , I 'm just one of those people that have that poor mans stereo . My
Knights of Space has been filed away for storage . One day if I hit the
lottery and can afford that million dollar stereo that Jimmy G . must have
,I'll get it back out . But I really don't think Knights of Space would
sound good on that either . I just had to laugh when I saw that review.