Hawkwind on cd universe.

Lost Johnny busterpepper at MIDWAYNET.NET
Sat Feb 21 15:45:55 EST 2009

This is a perfect example of how Hawkwind loses fans and sales because of
bootleg official releases. If you go to all the online stores  for example
,CD universe and bring up Hawkwind ,guess what you see on the first page?
Only 3 cds ,Reading 1992 ,Minnepolis 1989,and a new remastered reissue of
Text of festival .  Wonder how many fans will order or have already ordered
these three thinking they are wonderful,official  releases ? Especially
Reading and Minneapolis . Guess what happens when they get them after
spending their hard earned money  . Oh and by the way ,you say what about
the atomhenge remasters, they are on later pages and they are already on
sale at $19.99 ,down from $24.99 a week or so ago. I could see why. Say a
fan like me sees the Reading and Minneapolis in official release. And
already may have  copies of the remasters on Griffin or Virgin or vinyl ,so
instead of the atomhenge for now he buys the Reading and Minneapolis
instead.Thinks he happy ? Think he says ,I'll buy more? And nowhere on the
bands website or even the Yahoo group is there anything warning people about
these till people actually start buying them. Voiceprint has got these in
official release everywhere,including e-bay,Tower,Walmart ,cduniverse,etc.
Probably couldn't sell them at all from Hawkwind direct ,because only
diehard fans sent to that like myself and words gets around .So unleash them
on the general public . I think that the two Dave's are pretty close now in
the race for who released the most crummy sounding audience tapes as
official releases.