Knights of Space review on amazon.com

John Majka jmajk at INDY.RR.COM
Sat Feb 21 15:52:28 EST 2009

There are probably too many Johns on here, so it's getting confusing who is
writing what.  I did buy these releases, ordering them well in advance of
the issue date.  Like you, I was hoping the Voiceprint versions would be
closer to the source, but no such luck.  Still, I'm thankful that these
things are getting released at all.  I wasn't really aware that they are
being sold as anything other than "official bootlegs,"  so I haven't been
very worked up about the sound quality.  "Knights of Space," on the other
hand, as an official live album, definitely suffers from an abysmal mix, and
so it's easy to go on harping about the lack of quality.
John Majka

>John ,except there is one important difference. When the Grateful dead do
it ,its noted that it is a bootleg quality and sold that way . When
Voiceprint and Hawkwind do it ,they try to pass it off as a official release
and charge  official prices too.  I notice in your thread you didn't buy
them . Why is that if you think its such a great idea? Its because you don't
want to pay $30 for a crummy band released audience tape on cd isn't it? I
have the tapes of the shows too ,and also bought the cds  BECAUSE they were
official Dave Brock sanctioned Voice print releases. So I thought ,why would
Hawkwind release officially something worse than the crummy tapes a lot of
us have ,it must be at least a soundboard or so ,BUT ITS WORSE than the
crummy tapes. When Dave B does this ,what makes him different from Dave
Anderson releasing all his stuff? I know I for one ,I am getting tired of
such crummy quality sounding releases . Its sad .