Knights of Space review on amazon.com

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 23 09:26:45 EST 2009

Some things that can affect DVD sound:

- The PCM stereo mix often sounds completely different than the Dolby Digital 5.1 mix

- If you're listening to the DD5.1 automatically downmixed to stereo by your receiver, some of those do a really piss poor job of it (and if you're accidentally listening to the DD 5.1 mix on a stereo system *without* using the stereo downmixing mode, then it's definitely going to sound like crap!)  :)

- Even if you're listening to the DD 5.1 mix on surround system... if it hasn't been properly calibrated, it can still sound crappy.

I haven't heard KOS but I could imagine any of these things affecting people's perceptions of how good or bad the mix sounds...

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Lost Johnny <busterpepper at MIDWAYNET.NET>
Date: Sunday, Feb 22, 2009 12:16 am
Subject: Re: Knights of Space review on amazon.com
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

I was talking about John-Paul saying his Knights of Space sound quality is
ok and that he could hear Tim Blake's Theremin . Because I thought the mix
was awful and that Tim Blake was doing a mime act like on the Black Sword
tour or something ,because I couldn't hear any Theremin . So either him or
me may need an ear doctor visit because one of us is hearing a good mix with
a Theremin and one of us isn't .