HW 40th Anniversay Show

Rich W cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Thu Feb 26 08:56:19 EST 2009

Yep, he's a great violinist. Of course there is a stronger New Model
Army connection to Hawkwind, since their drummer Rob Heaton played on
the Night of the Hawks session. Sadly Rob passed away a few years back
as a result of pancreatic cancer. If you ever get the chance listen to
'Green and Grey' from the Thunder and consolation album. I believe Rob
wrote the music and played every instrument on that track, and it is
simply stunning. 'Thunder and Consolation' is also the album where Ed
Alleyne Johnson played considerably throughout. A couple of Eds other
solo LPs are not so great, there was one he did with his wife
that...well best leave it there.

Rich