HW: Reading 92 cd

Sat Feb 28 05:50:16 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:00:37AM -0500, Lost Johnny typed out:
> In the USA in the recent days ,the horrible audience tapes sourced Reading
> 92 and Minneapolis 89 cds from the Hawkwind Voiceprint direct on line page
> are now showing up new online in stores like Tower ,cd universe , Amazon
> like $30 . I don't think too many people were ordering them from  Hawkwind
> Direct . I did and boy was I sorry when I got them . Why the band authorized
> these for release I don't understand ,when Dave HAS to have a lot of
> wonderful soundboards to choose from . Beware any fan who orders these and
> listens to them will be upset with the sound quality . Especially any new
> fans .

	I don't want to get involved in the wider debate here, not least
because, you know, I have a fair bit of mail to catch up on here. But, I
did want to say, that Reading '92 boot that circulates, I've heard that
one and it's really good. Pity of pities if Dave managed to mess that
up. Do we have to blame Dave direct though? My suggestion would be that
Voiceprint got whatever tapes they could, mastered them and said to
Dave, "would you like some money for old rope?" and Dave was just too
ready to say 'yes'. Yours,
			   Jon

ObCD: Fu Manchu - _King of the Road_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk