Gun-slung-it

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 28 21:05:13 EST 2009

Wholehearted  agree,

I play in a pub & club band, we pedal 60's garage punk and r&b, we
don't do it for the money,  we do it cos we can all play bloody well
and we just love playing live, and to keep this music alive,
We restrict ourselves to about 24 / 30 gigs a year, playing round the
south west. We played Bristol last night to about 50 people and
tonight in Frome to about the same.

We all played in serious bands at one time or another, and for
whatever reasons we jacked it in, and now its brilliant cos you are
playing exactly what you want, the pressure is off.

However, if you were in a band you seriously want to do business, its
a real nasty bottom of the stomach feeling when you realise that you
are playing to a handful of people, especially when you have to look
at the costs of transport, keeping the gear in working order, and if
if your salary, it really hurts.

been there a wore the t-shirt in the last ressession, I don't envy
those boys at all at this time, Its hard....

Iain