Atomhenge Series - Anyone had delivery of ASAM, Hawklords etc yet ?

David Bottomley daveb10000 at NTLWORLD.COM
Wed Jan 14 10:51:52 EST 2009

Iain asked:

> anyone had delivery yet ?
> mine ordered, and waiting, the folks who signed up to collect
> the lot will get delivery 1st, so wondering if you've got them yet ?

Hi Iain

Yep, they arrived Monday morning (ordered shortly after release was
announced). They all sound fantastic, though I've not carried out any direct
comparisons with older versions. I seem to recall that the Griffin release
of Live Chronicles wasn't brilliant in the sound quality dept. & my
*impression* is that the Atomhenge version sounds much better.

And the packaging is great. Musically, the highlights for me would be the
demos on 25 Years On. I'm not normally a fan of having demos grafted onto
albums, but these are well worth hearing, IMHO.

So, on the whole, I'd say that Atomhenge/Esoteric have done a terrific job
so far. Ok, they're not perfect - for example, Live Chronicles is advertised
as the complete show, but it's still missing the first part of Brainstorm &
the encore (although I can understand the view that inclusion of the latter
would have spoiled the flow, I'd still have like to have seen it included).
But I don't want to loose wight of the fact that they're so much better than
they could've been.

Now that the March releases have been announced, I simply can't wait for the
expanded, 2CD version of "Quark". Wonder if the Rudolph demos will be
included?

Dave