HW Space Ritual

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Tue Jan 20 10:46:50 EST 2009

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:26:36 +0000, you sent through the ether:

>They're all rehearsed and in practice before he arrives

There's Not enough money for Gigs -and- rehearsals.. something has to
go! rehearsals are expensive when the band lives in all corners of the
country, so you have to add up transport, accommodation & rehearsal
room fees.. that takes care of a grand easily.

So assuming 200 people go to a SR gig that is £10 on the door that's
half the money.. how many people in SR? 6 so we're left with 1000
divided by 6 which is £166.. then lets say they had 2 rehearsals, so
over 3 days each member earned £55 per day. probably less that they'd
generate staying home and doing whatever they do normally, and pretty
close to minimum wage!

You could say they can rehearse at Nik's, but you still have to remove
a minimum of £500 expenses, train tickets, fuel etc.

That leaves 1500 divided by 6 divided by 3 = £83 per day each.

And my calculations don't take into account the roadies the lightshow
people, dancers travel expenses etc.. and I guarantee they get paid
before the band do.

So as much as I agree Nik & his bands need to rehearse more, I
completely understand why they don't.

...and when Krankschaft start advertising for a drummer it will be
hard explaining that we're doing it for the love of it!

-S.