HW Space Ritual

Mon Jan 26 15:29:29 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:46:50PM +0000, Steve Pond typed out:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:26:36 +0000, you sent through the ether:
> >They're all rehearsed and in practice before he arrives
> There's Not enough money for Gigs -and- rehearsals.. something has to
> go! rehearsals are expensive when the band lives in all corners of the
> country, so you have to add up transport, accommodation & rehearsal
> room fees.. that takes care of a grand easily.

	Well, this is why most people in bands do it with people local
to them, don't they? I  mean, I'm not immune to the economics or to the
fact that, since you can't make any real money as a freak-out musician
you have to give in when life drags you to other places... but the Nik
way here is not the easy way is it?

> So as much as I agree Nik & his bands need to rehearse more, I
> completely understand why they don't.

	So do I; but the trouble is that I'm less interested in going
and seeing a shoddy band of ex-Hawks than I am in seeing a good tight
band I've never heard of. That said, as I said in last mail, I ought to
give the current Space Ritual a fresh go at not being shoddy before I
shoot my mouth off much more.

> ...and when Krankschaft start advertising for a drummer it will be
> hard explaining that we're doing it for the love of it!

	Loads of drummers emigrate, don't they, why is that? Where
do you guys rehearse? I know a bandless drummer in London at the
moment... Yours,
		 Jon

ObCD: Man's bit of _Greasy Truckers Party_, which is *amazing*
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk